Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mommy Moments: She's growing so fast and we've been so busy!

Wow.  I thought I knew what it meant to be busy.  I recall very well the feeling I had the last few weeks before my wedding...all the many things that needed to be done...so many things I thought I'd rip my hair out.  Or the feeling of urgency, the dread of the week of semester finals in college.  Yeah, I thought I knew then, but my goodness...it feels like I am busy from the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep.  Avonlea is nearly 9 months old and on the verge of crawling...she's getting very good at scooting herself around on her belly...PLUS she is cutting more teeth and that just stinks in general.  On top of that I have been preparing for Avonlea and I to go to Parris Island, SC this week.  One of my brothers is graduating from Marine basic training and we are going down with my mom, youngest brother and a few friends to tour the base and watch him graduate.  I am excited to go.  I dread going.  Traveling with Avonlea has proved to be a challenge since the day she came home from the hospital.  She has seemed to improve lately but who knows if that will be the case during a 12 hour car ride.  Maybe it will be like a vacation for me...she will be so busy with Mimi and Uncle Clint around to entertain her that she won't have time to cry.  Here's to hoping!  On the bright side, she has THE CUTEST outfits to where for Uncle Travis's family day and graduation.  So even if we're exhausted she'll be impeccably dressed!  All for now, more soon.

Happy Mothering!

No comments:

Post a Comment