Sunday, February 5, 2012

Update on Sleep Training

I'm proud of my little girl.  No, she hasn't continued to sleep all night...I think we had 3 nights in a row of sleeping all night.  Now she is back to her usual waking twice a night to eat.  SO...it could be going better.  BUT I must say, she does very well going to sleep on her own at bedtime.  Just a few weeks ago when we started sleep training, she would cry at least 20-30 minutes before finally going to sleep.  Now we are down to 5 minutes or less.  Most of the time less...

     As happy as I am about her progress, I can't express how nice it was to sleep a full night through; how much I wish that she would decide she wants to sleep through the night from here on.  But it doesn't help that her top two front teeth are trying to come through AND that she is beginning to roll over in her sleep.  She woke up screaming a few mornings ago.  I guess she was scared because she woke up on her stomach and was unsure how to right herself.  

     Anyway, I'm tired.  To top things off, I missed my show tonight because of the Super Bowl and stayed up late to watch it when it came on the second time.  But it's really the only show I care much to watch with any regularity and is something actually worth watching, unlike so much of the garbage on television these days.  It's called Downton Abbey.  I think you can watch it all on pbs.org.  If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.  It's good.  Now it's over and it's bedtime for me, even if baby girl will probably wake up soon...

Happy Mothering!

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous that I didn't get to watch Downton. You better not spoil it for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete