Friday, January 13, 2012

Origin of the Mommy Rules

Today is my 24th birthday.   To celebrate, I said "Farewell!" to Facebook, and, after much encouragement from my husband, said "Hello!" to the blogosphere.  What time I spend online, I want to be focused on what is really important to me.  I spent four years at university for a degree in social studies education and one year working in the public school system before having my first child, Avonlea.  They were great, and I loved what I was doing.  But as philosophic as it sounds, when my daughter was born and I became a mom, I feel like I finally found myself--the person God made me to be.

I titled this blog "Mommy Rules!" for two purposes:

1. Being a Mommy "rules."  It is the hardest work I have ever done, but I have never loved anything so much.  Through "Mommy Moments" I will share the ups and downs of my own motherhood experience.
2. Pregnancy and motherhood has taught me a lot.  No matter how prepared you think you are or aren't; you learn as you go, plain and simple.  However, various experiences have inspired me to compile a list of personal do's and don'ts that others may find useful and hopefully comical at times.  "Mommy Rules" are my anecdotes about these do's and don'ts.  

    From time to time I may also share my opinion on children's books I've read to Avonlea as well as some products we have tried.  And for those of you out there wondering, you may just find here that no, you are not alone...it happened to me, too!

Happy Mothering!

1 comment: