Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mommy Moment #1 Baby Girl Feeds Herself

I've been so excited to share this moment for the last few days but the internet has been acting weird here :(.  So, Logan and I both had a birthday over the weekend and as per tradition, my mom takes us out to eat for our birthday at the restaurant of our choice.  This year we picked the new Logan's Roadhouse in town. 
    Avonlea can finally sit in a high chair at restaurants as long as we tuck blankets in the sides to help her keep her balance.  It was about time for her to have an afternoon snack anyway so I got out her little baby cereal puffs and put a few out for her to attempt to pick up while I fed her a few.  I've been trying to work with her on the pincer grasp so she would be able to feed herself finger foods but up until then, she'd been able to pick up one but not been able to get it to her mouth on her own.  
     After a little help from Mommy and a few tries on her own, Avonlea managed to get a cereal puff into her mouth.  People in the restaurant probably thought I was nuts and it may not seem like a big deal to anyone else...but when your child does something new on their own it is very exciting, especially when you know they have been trying so hard for so long to accomplish it.  It is also a tiny bit sad, because it is a reminder that my baby is growing up.  
     Baby girl is getting restless....time for snuggling and her morning nap ;)

Happy Mothering!  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny because I remember the first time that my friend's little girl drank through a straw. It was at McAllister's Deli in Columbia, SC. I even remember where we sat. It was a huge deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sure it was. they seem like small accomplishments to an adult but to our kids it's a big developmental milestone. i get really excited every time she does something new!

    ReplyDelete